PDA

View Full Version : My new old coupe.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Timido
06-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Glad the trans is working out for you. Get some more little bugs out of it now.

DeckerEnt
06-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Went to Thorn hill today!! Made it there too late to run the coupe. Oh well, the rear control arms are doing funny things and need a good going over. Saw a few peeps there. Good time and a nice easy drive there and back!!!

DeckerEnt
06-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, the coupe had to be towed back to the shop for the first time today. It caught FIRE!!!!!!!!!!! Turns out that since I don't have turn downs on my exaust, that heated up the fuel lines enough to make the line from the tank to the filter pop off again. This time, when it backfired as it stalled, it ignited the fuel spraying out all over the underside of the tank and rear end. I looked in the rear view and all I saw was black smoke and orange flame!!!!!! I had just turned onto rt 18 in florence headed for filmores. I got it to the right side, no place to turn off because of the new sidewalk with the 8 inch curb......Shut the key off killing the fuel pump, and jumped out to see a puddle of burning fuel under the tank. No fire extinguisher so I figured on seeing a good fire. Then this guy comes up and blasts the fire with his dry chemical extinguisher. Big Huge Thanks to him!!!!! After the fire is out, the first police car pulls up. Then another, then a third, then a fire truck. 20 minutes later, the tow truck shows up and now I am back at the shop surveying the damage. Will post more later. I just really need this ice cold beer right now. Later.......

CNTLOSE
06-28-2009, 07:56 PM
That sucks, glad a good samaritan stopped to help.

kennebellcobra
06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Man Keith that sucks...hopefully didn't do much damage.

Steve seen you and the cop and thought you got a ticket or in a minor accident.

DeckerEnt
06-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Not too much damage. Charred bumper cover and fuel lines. Other than that, just black soot covering everything and the yellowish powder from the fire extinguisher. Fixable.

KobraII
06-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Damn Keith, can't catch a break.

If you ever need a hand, just shoot me a message or something and I'll come down to the shop and help a brother out. I promise to do more than when I came down to help with the van's motor install :lol:

Mista Bone
06-29-2009, 01:18 AM
and I thought the chili I'm making tonight was hot!

MrsAPE
06-29-2009, 08:43 AM
That sucks big time Keith!! Sorry to read this. But glad everything is fixable!!

mustangboy
06-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I think the car is cursed

DeckerEnt
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
OK. Down here at the shop. Going to work on sorting out the fuel lines. Been a while since I posted anything. It almost went to page two. LOL!!!!! Will post up later what I got done!

DeckerEnt
07-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Well, that went bad real quick. I cut off the burned supply line, found an end that went from the filter to the supply line to the motor. I used the barbed piece from a repair kit, heated the barb and the line, pushed them together and thought it was fixed. Turned on the key, plugged in the pump connecter at the rear of the tank and watched for leaks. Well, I almost had to grab the fire extinguisher. Seems the barb leaked a little, and the connecter on the other side of the filter, the line from the tank, is toast too. Right now, I have a fan blowing under the car to get rid of the gas fumes, and I guess it is off to the junk yard to get all the lines from a doner car. This sucks. More next time I get time......

92coupe
07-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Just run braided lines 6an return and 8an feed. will cost a little more but will end your troubles.

sean
07-08-2009, 11:33 PM
next time it catches in fire snap a few pics.

DeckerEnt
07-12-2009, 11:13 PM
You are a funny guy Sean!!

Gearhead
07-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Keith-

What fuel lines do you need ?? I probably have extras of everything from the fuel tank up to the injectors for a 5.0 car.

Just let me know...

Scott

DeckerEnt
07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I was kind of planning on going to besslers and getting both supply and return lines from a doner car tank to fuel rail. I will make sure they are clear first of course. If you have them all, let me know a price. Thanks..

Gearhead
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I was kind of planning on going to besslers and getting both supply and return lines from a doner car tank to fuel rail. I will make sure they are clear first of course. If you have them all, let me know a price. Thanks..

$25 ?? would that sound about right ?? Or whatever you think is a fair price. Includes both supply and return lines from tank to the engine compartment.

I think I got these from Joe (Quik Lx) when he was converting his coupe over to mod motor.

DeckerEnt
07-14-2009, 01:23 AM
I will take them!!!

DeckerEnt
07-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Going to finally replace the rear end housing bushings tonight. Doors at the shop are open. Come on down.

DeckerEnt
07-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Old ones are out. Only broke one drill bit. LOL!! That was easy. The new ones are in the freezer. Time to slide them in and hope they fit! More later!!! The real bitch is I can't drive it because of the fuel lines. I have them coming though so soon I will be tattooing orphanage rd in front of the shop!!!!!

mustangjon
07-14-2009, 09:31 PM
good luck getting them in... i helped to tattoo the orphange for ya lol
downside i found out its definatly tranny fluid leaking. after getting good and warm it has that smell.. and well i stopped for gas and checked and sure enough

DeckerEnt
07-14-2009, 10:15 PM
That sucks to hear Jon. Put it on the rack at work and find it.
I am on my way to wally world for light bulbs. All I have to do is bump my shop light and the bulb blows. 3 so far and we are out here at the shop.
Got the new bushings in, but having trouble lining up the upper control arms to the holes. Kicking the rear end equals bumping the light. This sucks. Be back in a few....

DeckerEnt
07-14-2009, 11:24 PM
Success!!!!! Uppers are bolted in, shocks bolted in, springs are set right, progress is a good thing. Even managed to use the impact on most of the bolts too so should be tight! Next is the fuel lines.....

sean
07-15-2009, 02:23 AM
yayyyy. Buddy I found a cobra i am 4500 away from. i am giving the porsche away. 5000 will cover a plane ticket and gas for the way back. One of these days I am going to get to your shop and help. You mind teaching a little?

DeckerEnt
07-15-2009, 11:48 PM
May be picking up my fuel lines on friday!!! I so want to get her back on the road and see if it will do a burn out without vibrating the car apart!!!

sean
07-16-2009, 12:17 AM
wooo hooooo maybe make a video of the first burn out so we can see the smoke coming from somewhere other than the gas leak:eek:
Just kidding but get the first burnout on vid...

Stangman
07-16-2009, 09:02 AM
May be picking up my fuel lines on friday!!! I so want to get her back on the road and see if it will do a burn out without vibrating the car apart!!!

:rockon:

No more multiple 1 foot black marks!! :lol:

mustang8998
07-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I am on my way to wally world for light bulbs. All I have to do is bump my shop light and the bulb blows. 3 so far and we are out here at the shop.

Hey Keith, next time that happens, try the CFL bulbs. I started using them a few years ago and have replaced the bulb once. I have dropped it, spilled fluids on it and the only thing that broke it, was something directly hitting the bulb. (I know, I should have called the EPA!) And, they are cooler, so you can lay them on the carpet, plastic, whatever and it won't burn it.

Now, let's see some TIRE smoke!

DeckerEnt
07-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I picked up a 4 pack of those bulbs that night. Already dropped it and it is still burning so...CFL for the win.
Picked up my fuel lines tonight. Thanks Scott( gearhead). I stopped and talked to the guy building the cobra kit car. Just got to the shop. The cobra didn't have the body on it. Pretty cool!!

sean
07-18-2009, 03:02 AM
cool hope it works out and you can lay ya some rubber

DeckerEnt
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I am down here tonight with a mission. I am going to get the fuel lines in. Period. It is only 8:30 so I should have time. Wish me luck!!!

DeckerEnt
07-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Damn it!!!!!! Fuel line disconnect tool missing. Only thing holding me up. Will get one from advance tomorrow. If it isn't one thing it is another with this coupe.

DeckerEnt
07-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Well, got a little done tonight. Dropped the fuel tank out and I am glad I did. Turns out the electric connection on the fuel pump was melted a little. Had another harness so that is taken care of. All of the old burned melted fuel lines are now out. The new ones are ready to bolt in but I am tired. Headed home. May work on it a little tomorrow after work. More later!!!

DeckerEnt
07-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Got the new fuel lines laid up in there. Man I need a lift down here. That was a bitch. Guess I could have dropped the flowmaster but I said f it. Now to bolt it in, hook up the lines to the fuel rail and tank, then install the tank. More later!!!

Pops Fun
07-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Makin progress!!

Stangman
07-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Got the new fuel lines laid up in there. Man I need a lift down here. That was a bitch. Guess I could have dropped the flowmaster but I said f it. Now to bolt it in, hook up the lines to the fuel rail and tank, then install the tank. More later!!!

I will pay you in beer to come work on my car!

You need to tell Ryan to stick with his vert project... No car was as bad as yours needing frame rails!! Maybe besides Rick's Capri!:lol:

DeckerEnt
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
That is a tempting offer Jesse!!

DeckerEnt
08-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Gasoline is heavy. Got 5 gallons out of the tank and still have to drain some more. Got all the lines bolted in from front to rear. Just need to install the tank, put some fuel back in and hope it doesn't leak!!! Wish me luck!!!
Oh, if I do get it running, it looks like rain, so no test drive without wipers. Who am I kidding...........LOL!!!!

DeckerEnt
08-01-2009, 01:50 PM
It Lives!!!!! No leaks, and more importantly no fire!!!!!! Time to go home, then maybe back down here tonight to put the dumps on and go for a spin!!!

DeckerEnt
08-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Huge thanks to the powder coating master Kenny for that little clip. That was the only thing holding me up today. Going to be down at the shop tonight to clean all the black soot off the underside of the car. If anyone is out and about, stop by. The garage doors should be open!!!

KobraII
08-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Keith, I drove by the shop around 5:30 - 6ish, and you wern't there! I didn't think you could of scrubbed all of the soot off in that time, haha

mustangboy
08-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Glad I could help. Let's just hope you have no more catastrophes

aperacer
08-01-2009, 08:58 PM
It Lives!!!!! No leaks, and more importantly no fire!!!!!!

its always the little things in life that make you happy......

DeckerEnt
08-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Took it to Filmores tonight. Ran well, no leaks. Now to make it look better.....

mustang8998
08-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Cool, Keith. Glad to hear it lives again!

MrsAPE
08-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Took it to Filmores tonight. Ran well, no leaks. Now to make it look better.....

And no flames?! WOOT!! Glad she's back together!!

DeckerEnt
08-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Finally got it washed. Jacked up the rear and got as much soot off as I could. Just need to tighten up a few things. Still wheel hops a little but it runs well. I have felt the gas tank and lines right after driving it and they are not hot since I put the turndowns on. Progress. Next is a stereo and a cover for the trans hole in the floor. Hope to keep some heat out of the passenger compartment. More later...

sean
08-14-2009, 04:44 AM
very cool. Who is painting it?

DeckerEnt
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Swapped out the drag radials yesterday for those really wide 295/50/15s. The ones that stick out 70s style. Did a 2nd gear drop and just smoked the hides!!!!! No wheel hop!!!! So it was the ddrag radials that were just biting too hard and causing the wheel hop. Need to tattoo the road in front of the shop now!!!

Stangman
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Hell yeah! I had a feeling it was those old drag radials!!

BTW... now you must post up a picture of the car with the steamrollers on the back!

DeckerEnt
09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Well, I have been driving my coupe here and there. Have had no overheating issues yet, thank goodness. No fire or other fuel issues either. I really need a radio in that thing. Need an alignment too before I take it to a strip and see what it will run. Figured I should post an update to keep it on the main page.

NXcoupe
09-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Cool Keith! I read this whole thread and I am very impressed. You really pulled this car back from the brink. It is a nice little coupe that once painted should be a nice show/street/drag car to have fun with. I know the kids will enjoy riding in it too. Made the connection about your fire story at the bonfire when I was home. I was out of the loop on that one. Glad the car is ok and back to working and driving well. Can't wait for my ride in it!

DeckerEnt
10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Well, it has been a while since I have updated this. Too long. I will be putting some tunes in the coupe tonight if I can get out. A simple system for now. I will update when that is done. See you all at the cruise in!!!

may93
10-17-2009, 11:18 PM
The coupes looks great. I started on mine at the same time and its still on jack stands. It takes a lot of time to strip a car down and then put it back together. Congratulations on the finished project.

DeckerEnt
10-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Well, it is washed anyway. LOL!!! Been trying to get a stereo in it all night. Got all the stuff, just can't find power under the dash. Guess I will have to cruise in silence. 5.0 makes beautiful music so that will have to do. See you all at the cruise in!!!!

Stangman
10-18-2009, 09:29 PM
headlight switch is a constant, Keith

dragula1986gt
10-19-2009, 09:03 PM
good work keith i put post on ur myspace

DeckerEnt
10-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I got most of my sub box built tonight. I needed to slide it under the rod springs in the trunk. The box measures 3 feet by 16 inches by 9 inches. i think my amps are going on the back side of the box which will be hidden from when i open he trunk. That is where the audio jacks come out from where the radio will be. Should sound good with the alpine separates for the front. May get a new radio but i have one to use so who knows!!!

DeckerEnt
10-21-2009, 07:30 PM
May get down to the shop tonight. Going to get the box done and may even get the radio in. Will post up what I get done. Those pics above are of my coupe before I got it. Notice the white nose. LOL!!!!!!!!! Oh and the trunk lid molded on wing. OMG!!!!!!!!Blew that up.Haaaa!!!!!!!

dragula1986gt
10-21-2009, 08:05 PM
yeah seen pic at farm party on ur post kinda no i do like the grey nose better good job on the car

dragula1986gt
10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
if you notice there is 3 other mustangs in pics i need to build anew one or build my 86 gt thought id get on here maybe start getting parts together need dd first

dragula1986gt
10-21-2009, 08:12 PM
also didnt relize car was so rusted

DeckerEnt
10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I found the frame rails after i did a ton of work to it. To be honest, if I saw them first knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't have bought it. Oh, and all the dolfins are gone. LOL!!!!!

sean
10-21-2009, 10:30 PM
keep going keith. I envy and admire anyone who can do what you did.... fire and all.

DeckerEnt
10-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Ok. Found power but the wiring adapter was wrong. The dash illumination wire was actually the ground. Who would have thought of that!! Me, that is who. Good thing I had a volt meter or I would be lost. The radio works. Going to put the subs in the box and call it a night. Will finish later.

DeckerEnt
10-24-2009, 08:30 AM
Did a little stuff to the coupe last night. Got the 12s in the box, mounted the amps to the box, wired as much as I could. All that is left is to install the front separates. Tunes soon!!!!!

DeckerEnt
11-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Well, I am working on the coupe tonight. Not getting as much done as I would like, but I have been in my back yard building a rock wall all day. Well, I got the radio faceplate cut out, fitted to the radio, and painted gunmetal gray. Went through 2 templates before it fit right. Gonna wait overnight to let the paint dry.
Figured I had to update this since it was at the bottom of the page. As usual, more later.

DeckerEnt
12-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Tonight I am working on painting the trunk lid. Nothing too fancy. Getting ready to primer the underside. Man that was a bitch to sand. Well scotchbright. There was a little rust near the lock. Got that knocked out. As soon as my camera charges up a little, I will take a few pics and post em up. More later!!!

DeckerEnt
12-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Here are a few pics of what I got done tonight. Headed home now. More later!!

DeckerEnt
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Working on stereo stuff today!! Alpine separates!!! Tweeters go in the dash. Made the bracket using a factory dash speaker. Cut it out of thin metal. They are painted black now so they blend in!! Just need to mount the 6 1/2s in the doors and the stereo is done!!!!

NXcoupe
12-06-2009, 03:02 PM
very cool!!!

DeckerEnt
12-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I may head down to the shop tomorrow, sunday the 13th. If anyone is out and about, stop on in!! Me and my son will probably be there working on some stuff.

motox159
12-18-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm ready to send my car to you, seems like you actually get things done on yours lol. Lookin good though, hopefully get mine on the road this year!!!!

DeckerEnt
12-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Got a killer deal today!! Picked up the top end from a 98-99 Mountaineer 5.0! Got the upper and lower intake, and GT40P heads. I have a new winter project in addition to getting ready for paint. Going to try my hand at porting a set of heads! Wish me luck!

mustangboy
12-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Sweet and I need my carpets cleaned again. Wanna do some trading?

Got a killer deal today!! Picked up the top end from a 98-99 Mountaineer 5.0! Got the upper and lower intake, and GT40P heads. I have a new winter project in addition to getting ready for paint. Going to try my hand at porting a set of heads! Wish me luck!

DeckerEnt
12-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Um.......Yes!! Let me know when you need them cleaned!!

mustangboy
12-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Let me check with my mom to see what day she can watch the kids and I will have you over.

Um.......Yes!! Let me know when you need them cleaned!!

DeckerEnt
12-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, not too much to report on. Got the driver's side component speakers mounted. Tweeter is in the dash under the factory grill and the 6 1/2 is in the door. Just have to cut the door panel to fit over it.
My trunk lid is still off the car. Got it painted under side and have the outside pretty much sanded smooth. Going to start my 2 tone paint idea on the trunk lid. Just need time to work on it. More later as usual. LOL!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!

92coupe
12-24-2009, 02:00 PM
This project has come a long way Keith! Keep up the hard work!

R825OH
12-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Cool Keith!!Music is always nice!

DeckerEnt
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Damn, before christmas was the last time I posted anything on this. I got to get in gear. Well, tonight, I painted my trunk lid. Nothing special, just gloss black from a can. Enjoy!!

DeckerEnt
02-01-2010, 12:55 AM
First coat of black!!

DeckerEnt
02-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Final coat of black for now!

PONYGRL
02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Yay! Looks like it's slowly but surely coming along.

DeckerEnt
02-01-2010, 10:49 PM
slowly is right. Need to get my butt in gear and work the bugs out. The tracks open soon!!!!

2Kblacksleeper
02-15-2010, 11:39 PM
It looks like it is coming together.
I'm glad you could use my old control arms.

I'm just collecting parts now. I'll start a build of my own in a few weeks.

John

Crucial
02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
slowly is right. Need to get my butt in gear and work the bugs out. The tracks open soon!!!!

yeah not this coming weekend but the following

DeckerEnt
02-16-2010, 12:28 AM
That soon? Holy F*ck!! Got to get in gear!!

92coupe
02-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Working on stereo stuff today!! Alpine separates!!! Tweeters go in the dash. Made the bracket using a factory dash speaker. Cut it out of thin metal. They are painted black now so they blend in!! Just need to mount the 6 1/2s in the doors and the stereo is done!!!!

Keith where did you pick up the tweeters?

DeckerEnt
02-20-2010, 02:30 AM
The front speaker I found at Best buy. Alpine seperates. Paid like 130 for the set.
Did a little work on the coupe tonight. Once the black paint dried on the trunk lid, there were some areas that needed some help. I think I sprayed it too close so where the lock area is, there were a few runs. So i sanded it all down again, found some deep scratches here and there so after sanding and cleaning, i put a few coats of gray primer on it. Went at a consistant speed this time. I think the primer coated pretty well. Going to sand that with 1000 grit once more and paint it black again. Will post up pics then.

MrsAPE
02-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Busy busy!!

DeckerEnt
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Not really. Just happened to get something almost done. Going to try to paint the trunk lid tomorrow. I will post pics then.

chadomac
02-22-2010, 01:25 AM
them tweeters are a good idea

DeckerEnt
02-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Yep. I think so.

Well, i have one job on tuesday. After thati will be at the shop. Anyone is more than welcome. Got a trunk lid that needs the final sanding and the other half of thr stereo.

DeckerEnt
03-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Got some wheels for the coupe today. These are 4 pony wheels fresh from washing. Pay no attn to the tires. They are junk.

DeckerEnt
03-19-2010, 01:04 AM
I may be at the shop on saturday. If the lights are on, stop in. I have a trunk lid that needs some attn and speakers to mount.

DeckerEnt
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Well, the coupe may be for sale. Really hate to do it. I have put soooo much time, blood sweat and tears into it. May be going through the big d with the wife. Don't want to let her get her hands on it. She would just scrap it and send me the video. I will probably know more in a few weeks. Really bummed.

mustangboy
03-29-2010, 08:13 PM
You know you could hide it where she would never find it, or just sell one one of the guys for a dollar and then buy it back when you figure out you situation.

satan jamez
03-29-2010, 08:29 PM
You know you could hide it where she would never find it, or just sell one one of the guys for a dollar and then buy it back when you figure out you situation.

Do this man. Sorry about the situation.

DeckerEnt
03-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I got a plan for it. No worries! It just sucks. Almost 15 years down the shitter.

NXcoupe
03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear that buddy. Wish it would turn around for ya. Hopin the best.

Stangman
03-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Damn dude... that blows... sorry to hear that!!!

motox159
03-31-2010, 02:42 AM
Hey Keith, hope everything works out for the best. Never good to hear of these situations. Keep your family in my prayers

DeckerEnt
03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks guys. Should I start another legendary thread? I could title it "Divorce" I could just rant and rant all I want and you all can tell me to STFU!!! LOL!!!

Pops Fun
04-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Thoughts and prayers Keith, hope it works out.

KB1
04-01-2010, 08:11 AM
I'll join your rant Keith, I got my ass handed to me in court with my divorce, my ex wife left me, threw me out of my house & won in court!!!, I have to pay her $1100.00 a month in support for her & my 16 year old son. She makes 50k a year! However due to length of time that we were married (25 years) & our life style???? I got the shaft. I lost my house, & contents, 2 Mustangs etc. Be careful & start hiding stuff & get a good attorney even if it costs you a lot, I didn't have a good one & see what happened. CYA!!!

Kevin

92coupe
04-01-2010, 10:18 AM
KB1 I feel your pain, same boat. Sorry to hear Keith ask all the rich ladies who's the best attorney.

DeckerEnt
04-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I have to get this off my chest. I told the wife last night that I may, I repeat, MAY, cut off the money supply if she doesn't start treating me better through this whole getting divorced but living under the same roof deal. I was trying to change her mind on going through with it. Stupid me. So, today she goes to the bank and takes out half of what is in each checking account. She took out over 3600 freaking dollars. She says it is safe.But she will not put it back. She said she talked with a lawyer about it and he said she could do it since it is a joint checking account. Tomorrow morning, I will be at the bank at 9:00 and move what is left to an account with only my name on it. Then go talk with a lawyer. This sucks.

mustang8998
04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh man! That sucks Keith.

Hope everything turns around for you, buddy.

My thoughts are with you.

motox159
04-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I would prolly put it in a "safe" account...like take it all out in cash and store it away in a safe!

DeckerEnt
04-09-2010, 08:22 PM
No updates guys. Going to keep everything really quiet. When it is all done and over with, you bet there will be something in the rants section. Till then, wish me luck! And thanks for the support. God knows I am going to need it!

MrsAPE
04-10-2010, 06:31 PM
So sorry dude!! If we can do anything let us know!!

DeckerEnt
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
I need something to do!!! I am out of the house living with my brother, getting my kids this weekend but have stuff to drop them off to saturday and sunday. During the week, i get done with work and have nothing to do. My mind starts wondering, then I get either pissed off, depressed, you name it. This sucks. I guess I need a girlfriend but that is about the farthest thing on my mind right now. Anyone else went through this? What did you do about the boredom?

Mista Bone
04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
I drank, a lot. I suggest NOT doing that. I did take on more overtime, then got into reloading.

Stangman
04-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Work on the coupe! Dont you have a speaker system install to do???

DeckerEnt
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Yep I do!!

Pitbull1052
04-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I have a buddy going through the same thing right now and I've been trying to keep him busy and we've went out a few nights that seems to help to a point but really you need to get what's bothering you off of your chest and talk it out with someone that seems to be helping my bud the most........ or just blow some shit up lol that always makes me feel better

Mista Bone
04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
He ran out of tannerite, and still no videos of last weekend!!!!!

Keith, I'll assume you've been together with her for 10 years, +/-, you can't just walk away and start over without feelings. Do not beat yourself up questioning yourself what you did wrong or could have done better.

Stay busy with work and you're kids......

DeckerEnt
04-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Good advice from you all. My brother who I am living with right now is taking the brunt of my ramblings. Yes it helps to talk about it. Yes it helps to get advice. Yes it HELPED to blow stuff up. I will get through this. I have no choice. I am keeping my eye on the prize. It seems to be getting farther and farther away. I will get there. Thanks Guys!!

Mista Bone
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
That was my mistake when I wasn't working OT, I'd bury/drown my hurt/feelings which you can only do for so long until it overwhelms you. Then it gets REALLY UGLY.

DeckerEnt
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Just looked when I started this. 3 YEARS ago. I really have driven it. LOL!!! I got to get this divorce done and get back to working on my coupe. I will let you all know when it is over. Think Farm Party with TONS of tannerite!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all better come this time!!!

PonymanfiveO
08-12-2010, 04:26 PM
woohoo!! Yea time to get working on the coupe bud!

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Damn man i feel your pain...my car is going on 8 years of basically being a constant project...it'll probably never be "done"...but then what car ever really is done right? I think we'd all lose interest if there wasn't anything left to do.

DeckerEnt
08-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Well, I haven't lost intrest, just don't know what will happen with the final part of this. There was someone on here last year or so that lost his stang to his ex. I am not worried about that, but just not knowing what's going to happen. It sucks.
I look at mine every day and think, God I have to get this thing done. It won't take much!! Maybe if I just climb in and look. Then I see the speaker holes that need to be cut, the radio plate I have to remake, The trunk lid that needs some love, the fire damage that needs sanded down.....it gets overwhelming...Guess I just have to get started one day.

NXcoupe
08-14-2010, 03:02 PM
I need something to do!!! I am out of the house living with my brother, getting my kids this weekend but have stuff to drop them off to saturday and sunday. During the week, i get done with work and have nothing to do. My mind starts wondering, then I get either pissed off, depressed, you name it. This sucks. I guess I need a girlfriend but that is about the farthest thing on my mind right now. Anyone else went through this? What did you do about the boredom?

Well, I kept busy with my cars, friends, doing things that I was not 'allowed' to do before, got on the internet a lot, went to the drag strip and car shows a bunch, went to see a lot of movies, but mostly kept from sitting around the house feeling sorry for myself. If I felt that coming on, up off the couch I came, and out the door I went, calling friends, going down the list, seeing who was up for doing something or needed help with their car. I also eventually found a wonderful woman that I married. Hope this helps. Decker you're a great person, you don't deserve this shit, but who does? You'll get through it and have a better life for it, I believe it.

DeckerEnt
08-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks Mike!! I know it will get better. It just sucks going through it right now. I think the waiting is the worst. Lawyers move at the speed of s...l...o...w. I am 4 months in and am ready for it to be over yesterday!!!!!!

DeckerEnt
10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Well, a small update. She gets the keys on the 15th. Yes, in 10 fricking days!!! She is going to move out of the house and into an apartment!!!!! I will be at the farm blowing stuff into the trees!!!! Hope to get the keys to my house back sometime the week after the party. Oh I can't wait. First thing is put up an American Flag on the front of the house. I will let everyone know when that happens!! Later!!

DeckerEnt
02-09-2011, 04:07 PM
4 months ago. That was the last time I posted to this thread. Car is still inside the shop. Gonna work on it maybe tomorrow after work. If I do, I will post up. You know I will.

Stangman
02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
4 months ago. That was the last time I posted to this thread. Car is still inside the shop. Gonna work on it maybe tomorrow after work. If I do, I will post up. You know I will.

:bigthumb

DeckerEnt
08-08-2011, 03:17 PM
WoW!!!! Havent posted and havent worked on it. I know, excusses excusses.....Maybe wednesday evening when off work. I need to plan an old school work on the coupe get together at my shop.

Stangman
08-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Its funny.... this is the ONLY thread I get emails about when someone replies... lol

angsears
08-11-2011, 11:51 PM
so whats going on with it

DeckerEnt
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
It is still sitting at my shop. I did paint the trunk lid so it is ready to bolt on. Next will be to throw a battery in it and drive it to my house so the shop has a little more room. Then finish the stereo. Hope to drive it before the end of the year.

angsears
08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
hope to see it soon got mine running thank god

DeckerEnt
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Well, I have done absolutely nothing with the coupe. I feel bad. I see it every day and just don't have the energy to get started working on it. After the first of the year, I will get some down time. Then I will get to it. Would like to plan a day, evening at the shop. The more pairs of hands the better.

DeckerEnt
03-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Finally got a little done on the coupe tonight. Finally got all the scrap from around it gone. Put it on the rollers and moved it around a little. Got all the stereo stuff in the trunk wired up and put the back seat back in. It is a start. If you are on my facebook, I posted pics there. Find me on there, Keith Decker. Now on to putting the speaker in the passenger door and the tweeter in the dash. Cut the door panels for the speakers, and then cut a new plate for the cd player and switches. After that, a battery and she will be ready to drive...Then on to bodywork.....LOL.. It is NOT on jack stands so that is a plus. More later...Oh, I did put the trunk lid on too...LOL

motox159
03-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Still making more progress than I am! Post some pics on here, I got banned from FB...by the to be wife lol.

Goober
03-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Just sent ya a friend request to see the pics. Gotta love someone who is in the same position of slow progress as myself lol.

DeckerEnt
03-27-2012, 10:50 PM
In my signature there is a link to see pics of my coupe build. I just scrolled through a bunch. There are 192 pics. Alot of detail shots from the framerail replacement, modification that was done to this car. Looking back, I have come so far. Now I need to finish it and drive it. Getting the bug again!!!

90 notch
03-28-2012, 07:16 AM
I Miss my coupe, in my avatar and the other dozen Mustang's I've let go. :-( But I have an 87 Gt project now :-)

DeckerEnt
11-02-2012, 01:58 PM
For sale now. Asking 2000.00 Let me know...859 866 1952.
Thanks...Keith

Stangman
11-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

motox159
11-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Oh man don't do it!

DeckerEnt
11-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I wish I didnt have to...But need the cash more than the car. Selling most of my toys...

DeckerEnt
03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Progress is a good thing!!! Threw a battery in the coupe and it started right up, after almost 2 years. Got the trunk lid latch back in so it stays closed now...

mustangjon
03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
About time you lazy fucker

DeckerEnt
03-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Just that little work and hearing the motor fire up, time to get her running again. Will post up as I go.

motox159
03-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Awesome! Will be nice to see you lay some smokey patches!

DeckerEnt
03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Fired it up again today. Havent had any time to work on it, but it sounds good. And holding a charge!!!

DeckerEnt
03-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Well, the coupe is parked outside the shop with a for sale sign on it. Hate to do it but need the cash.

Jrcmutang
03-27-2013, 02:26 PM
post some recent pics of it if you can

DeckerEnt
03-27-2013, 03:36 PM
The last pics I took are on my face book page. Search for me there...

DeckerEnt
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
https://www.facebook.com/keith.decker2

motox159
03-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Banned from FB!!! Sad to see this go Keith. Hope you find a good buyer.

DeckerEnt
04-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Had some guy text me tonight and make an offer. Meeting him tomorrow. Coupe may be gone..Lets hope...

DeckerEnt
04-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Well, the guy offered me 2500. He should have the cash Thursday. Will see.... Sad to see it go though...

DeckerEnt
07-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Well, It is still for sale. Had a few people that were really interested. But still it sits...

Jrcmutang
08-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Can I get some pics PM'ed, I dont have a facebook page

DeckerEnt
08-03-2013, 07:24 PM
My first post on this page, link in my signature, MY COUPE PICS