Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Kwik92GT's How NOT to build a Project Car Thread

Im not a big gt fan either and I think it looks killer. Makes me wanna mini tub my car

That thing would look better under a tarp in the back yard. I will compliment you at a later date, just not feeling it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

Killer looking car and an awesome build!

The Bad Boy!

car looks awesome Greg

The car looks absolutely freakin' killer Greg!!

Peace

James
    1990 ssp black coupe (aka ROCKET), bone stock CI unported E7's plus full mac exhaust, water pump and crank pullies, synthetic fluids, 14 degrees of timing, 80 mm maf, power pipe, 65 mm throttle body, 4.10 gear, welds and skinnies plus suspension. Best et to date 12.41, best mph to date 106.58 with a best 60ft of 1.59 on 26/8.5/15 Mickey Thompson slicks on a 64 degree day with 35% humidity all with 260rwhp and 320rwtq

Thanks for the compliments. Should have some more progress pics up in a few weeks.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Looks great Greg, I saw it at Jason's and it was looking better each time I saw it. He got it straightened out and looking killer. Any updates lately?

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Looks great Greg, I saw it at Jason's and it was looking better each time I saw it. He got it straightened out and looking killer. Any updates lately?
    Thanks Mike, no big updates right now, had to make some room in the garage first. Should have some real updates in 3-4 weeks.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Thanks Mike, no big updates right now, had to make some room in the garage first. Should have some real updates in 3-4 weeks.
    I got a 90gt and was thinking about mini tub about how much did it cost anyways the car looks awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Thought I'd throw a quick pic up with it sitting on all 4 wheels. Finally off the jack stands and on its own suspension. Actual progress pics will follow fairly soon. Sorry about it not being a pic in the sun but it's all I have right now.

Bad lookin mofo right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Bad lookin mofo right there!
    Thanks, really appreciate it.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

that looks badass!
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

Well, got the holidays out of the way and my garage back in order so I'm finally getting some work done again. Going to start this phase by getting the brakes done and then who knows from there.

A few of the pieces I have going in:

Racecraft manual conversion

Skinny Kid brake line kit

Maximum Motorsports manual brake pedal kit

Ran into a potential problem when putting the master cylinder in. I bought the Racecraft kit because they make the smallest adapter that I know of and the master cylinder sits REAL close to the header. Need to figure out something about it, I'm not liking how close it is. I have a different master cylinder that gives me almost 1/2" more clearance but I really want to use the Strange master. Even with the 1/2" more clearance it's still too close IMO. Nothing is ever easy with these things.

Greg
    Midnight Mafia

That will self clearance.
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

Figure I'll throw up a few before and afters of the rear hatch area etc.:

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
    That will self clearance.
    Uh huh.

Anyone know the boiling point of brake fluid?
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

A few of my rear coil relocation kit finished:

Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Looks wicked Greg!, as you already know that's some top notch quality work you've just posted up!

Peace

James
    1990 ssp black coupe (aka ROCKET), bone stock CI unported E7's plus full mac exhaust, water pump and crank pullies, synthetic fluids, 14 degrees of timing, 80 mm maf, power pipe, 65 mm throttle body, 4.10 gear, welds and skinnies plus suspension. Best et to date 12.41, best mph to date 106.58 with a best 60ft of 1.59 on 26/8.5/15 Mickey Thompson slicks on a 64 degree day with 35% humidity all with 260rwhp and 320rwtq

So is that gonna make it out in 2012 Greg?
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

Brake fluid is subjected to very high temperatures, especially in the wheel cylinders of drum brakes and disk brake calipers. It must have a high boiling point to avoid vaporizing in the lines. This vaporization is a problem because vapor is compressible and negates hydraulic fluid transfer of braking force.

Quality standards refer to a brake fluid's "dry" and "wet" boiling points. Wet boiling point, which is usually much lower (although above most normal service temperatures), refers to the fluid's boiling point after absorbing a certain amount of moisture. This is several (single digit) percent, varying from formulation to formulation. Glycol-ether/dot three/dot four/dot five point one brake fluids are hygroscopic (water absorbing), which means they absorb moisture from the atmosphere under normal humidity levels. Non-hygroscopic fluids (e.g. silicone/DOT 5-based formulations), are hydrophobic, and can maintain an acceptable boiling point over the fluid's service life, although at the cost of potential phase separation/water pooling and freezing/boiling in the system over time - the main reason single phase hygroscopic fluids are used.

Boiling points for common braking fluids [1]
    ..........Dry boiling point ... Wet boiling point
    DOT 3 .. 205 °C (401 °F) ... 140 °C (284 °F)
    DOT 4 .. 230 °C (446 °F) ... 155 °C (311 °F)
    DOT 5 .. 260 °C (500 °F) ... 180 °C (356 °F)
    DOT 5.1 .. 270 °C (518 °F) ... 190 °C (374 °F)

Thread Information