Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where did everyone go?

Quote Originally Posted by bbford View Post
    Well I have been a member on this site every since day one. My old screen name doesn't work for some reason. I can log in with it and that is far as it will go.( locks up ). I have emailed people about it hell even started a thread about it once and it never got fixed. Easier to make a new name. But I guess if sitting on 73 racing Vinny and Silver bullet back in the day isn't participating much then I guess I haven't.. Just saying
    I never had the opportunity to meet them but I have however been a part of this....so now you know that then instead of excuse making start posting again and move on...
    Buy made in USA!

Bring back Maximus.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Venom View Post
    Bring back Maximus.
    We're on Facebook all day, alot of the sbz veterans are on FB rip vinny/sbz
    Plan b is to finish plan a

I've heard enough bitching and complaining and am trying to fix what needs fixing so hang tight.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

We lost the little things we did. It started with the hanging out and ended with the death of the spring and fall cruise. I always looked forward to those. Some years I didn't have a mustang for either one of them but that never stopped me from parking with the mustangs. Even when we had a cruise in very few people showed. The reason I chose this site is because it was local. I like mustangs but it wasn't all about the mustangs. It was about all kinds of cars and people hanging out and helping each other. I was one of the ones watching the founders of this group slowly leave. I always asked what happened and where did everyone go. Now I find myself being one of the older members and I'm never here any more. Well no where near as much as I used to be. The shirt thing was annoying but I guess what got me was the notion that the site was about money. How it costs so much money and no one was helping. Then we all came up with ways to help and donate but all that happened was more bitching. I just don't feel connected any more. I really don't know how this place has survived this long.

Well, while my A.D.D. is telling me its going to be a good day. My O.C.D. Is telling me 1234 1234. At least my turrets is telling both of them to **** off...

Good deal man! If I can be of any help let me know.

Plated you say this all the time about you guys talking everyday on FB. Now bring him back over here since youre such good buds with him!!
    2011 Black on Black GT

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy View Post
    SB is kinda like that old car in a field that still runs but is just sitting there rotting. People see it and ask if they can take it off the owners hands to restore but the owner always says they are gonna fix it up one day. But yet it is left to sit and rot.
    This post made me giggle
    Owner of S&M Motorsports
    8602 Harrison Pike, Cleves , OH 45002
    www.sandmmotorsports.com
    Adam@sandmmotorsports.net
    513-236-2355

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...55701012_n.jpg

This post made me giggle
    I make all the girls giggle
    ">

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy View Post
    I make all the girls giggle
    ROFL That sounds like a personal problem. Might wanna keep that on the DL. LOL!!
    2011 Black on Black GT

I doubt the site can be saved at this point but if you want to start getting it anywhere near it's former glory, you need to start at the top. Get the people who are currently in top positions on this site GONE, and by gone I mean you remove them from any position of authority or influence on this board. Period. You need people who honestly still love this board and actually come here. Get people who have good heads on their shoulders and no PERSONAL vendettas against any other members of this site, past or present, in the key positions.

Un-ban most, if not all, of past banned members and let them know there are new sheriffs in town and they are once again welcome here. Get people like Craig back, I know he wasn't "banned", and let him put some energy back in this place like he was before that whole t-shirt fiasco. Start treating our vendors with some modicum of respect so they will once again want to invest their time and money back into this site. LISTEN to your members. Quit bitching about their bitching when all they are doing is voicing an opinion. Perception is reality for people, if you don't understand that, you have no business being a moderator or anything more than a member on here. Most of you "men" have toilet paper for skin and hearts that I can only assume pump Kool-Aid. Without members this board is nothing. Some of you really need to think about that.

There is PLENTY more that would need to be done here but it's a start. The problem with any of this though is the owner. They don't care about this site. And it shows. There is plenty of lip service about the caring of this site, etc., but the proof is right here in front of all of us. My eyes work way better than my ears and over the past few years I've seen the slow, deliberate, dismantling of this once awesome site. The sad truth is, until you have an owner with the kind of love and passion for this hobby as Vinny had, this site will most likely never recover. I'm not saying things can't improve here, but it will only get as far as the proper people will allow.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Atleast its running faster now!!! That shit was getting old!

Now lets get some cruise's in the works, some good ole drag racing, and hang out...

XOS has some of the best racing around and is always a lot of members there! Come hang out and enjoy the cars!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Remember the days of the KOC cruise in, burn outs, buell motorcycle crashes....trips to Louisville to hang with other mustang clubs, NMRA columbus and bowling green (burning picnic tables..LOL). How hard is it to get back to those days? We used to have a ton of cars at the shows....remember when we overtook the Wayne Homes show? Tri-State Mustang Club got "Stangbanged".....LOL

It seems easy, but life seems a lot busier now.
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara
    2016 Ford Fusion Terracotta Package (Thanks Beefcake!)
    2012 Ford Fusion
    2007 Ford Edge
    1997 F150 4X4
    2003 Suzuki SV1000S
    We shall never forget Vinny5oh. Vinny "Vinny5oh" Changet--1969-2007 R.I.P.

I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    2013 f150 FX4 ecoboost
    95 Lightning-Vortech
    89 Vert-GT40-P Motor, Exhaust, 4.10 gear on Bullets
    99 Baja Outlaw BES 510bbc ATI procharger

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    I doubt the site can be saved at this point but if you want to start getting it anywhere near it's former glory, you need to start at the top. Get the people who are currently in top positions on this site GONE, and by gone I mean you remove them from any position of authority or influence on this board. Period. You need people who honestly still love this board and actually come here. Get people who have good heads on their shoulders and no PERSONAL vendettas against any other members of this site, past or present, in the key positions.

Un-ban most, if not all, of past banned members and let them know there are new sheriffs in town and they are once again welcome here. Get people like Craig back, I know he wasn't "banned", and let him put some energy back in this place like he was before that whole t-shirt fiasco. Start treating our vendors with some modicum of respect so they will once again want to invest their time and money back into this site. LISTEN to your members. Quit bitching about their bitching when all they are doing is voicing an opinion. Perception is reality for people, if you don't understand that, you have no business being a moderator or anything more than a member on here. Most of you "men" have toilet paper for skin and hearts that I can only assume pump Kool-Aid. Without members this board is nothing. Some of you really need to think about that.

There is PLENTY more that would need to be done here but it's a start. The problem with any of this though is the owner. They don't care about this site. And it shows. There is plenty of lip service about the caring of this site, etc., but the proof is right here in front of all of us. My eyes work way better than my ears and over the past few years I've seen the slow, deliberate, dismantling of this once awesome site. The sad truth is, until you have an owner with the kind of love and passion for this hobby as Vinny had, this site will most likely never recover. I'm not saying things can't improve here, but it will only get as far as the proper people will allow.
    Very well said !!! I agree 100% ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    With that said I think Metcalf should be brought back as well as Rob. Im sure there are quite a few others. I think if we could talk Craig into coming back he would be a good fit for your position there Kelly. Takes a man to admit to not being able to keep up with it all. Thanks for doing this for the site. We all appreciate it!

Id love to take on some more authority around here though dont get me wrong. Just dont want to be one of the main Admins. Id definitely appreciate whatever is decided.
    Last edited by chris91; 01-17-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    2011 Black on Black GT

I'll see if I can get a hold of Brian graham. Come on excopcar. Lol

Well, while my A.D.D. is telling me its going to be a good day. My O.C.D. Is telling me 1234 1234. At least my turrets is telling both of them to **** off...

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    I'll see if I can get a hold of Brian graham. Come on excopcar. Lol
    No...........
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

Yeah thats definitely one member that needs to keep his distance.
    2011 Black on Black GT

I don't care is Metcalf comes back I've already told the other admins that's fine with me. Rob is still here
    2013 f150 FX4 ecoboost
    95 Lightning-Vortech
    89 Vert-GT40-P Motor, Exhaust, 4.10 gear on Bullets
    99 Baja Outlaw BES 510bbc ATI procharger

Remember the ignore feature can be your best friend.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Thread Information