Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Turbo fox dyno poll

oh ok i see ur taking it to them i got ya.

From what i heard Saturday is Tune time for your car, not trying to speak for him but i have some work lined up behind you and he said he was tuning a car before doing my stuff so i assume its yours, plus your car is strapped to the Dyno
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war."
    "Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. But instead, Punishment."

Wooohoooo^^^^^^^^^^

#s are in but there were a shit ton of little issues that stopped the car from making as much power as it should have. Made 400rwhp and 420rwtq. The maf, and fuel pressure regulator need replaced so the car couldnt be spun past 5k rpm and my tq converter is junk and absorbing hp so Im gonna replace that stuff and take her back to the dyno for some more tuning.
    2001 GT 281cid 2v,single 7875 turbo,703whp/701wtq on corn 9.87@148.08

2011 Saleen 302 SC - 2.3 Whipple,jba xpipe,mgw shifter,frpp cai, Steeda Lower Control arms, akrapovic catback 535whp/465rwtq 11.33@121 1.6 60ft

2002 Ford F350 quad cab 7.3 PSD Bullydog bw/bb turbo, edge boost fooler+ programmer,exhaust,cai-tow pig

what the fuck u just told me on the phone a hole diffrent set of numbers what the hell.

I was expecting more but ur right get them parts replaced and spin it again. What boost was this at again?

13#. The converter was causing the drop in power. Alan can chime in if he gets a chance and explain whats happening.

CANT WAIT TO BUST THAT ASSSSS. LOL BUD GLAD TO SEE IT GOING AGAIN I NEED SOMEONE TO GOT TO ASHLAND WITH ME ITS ME AGAINS THE WORLD DOWN THERE.

Get that converter fix and we see a bit closer to 500 I bet

not that bad thats should get u in the high 10s put it on diet get it to pull some good 60ft it try it be 4 u change the converter

When I cut the converter open I will get some pics to explain what I think is going on. I suspect the stator in this unit is the one I refuse to use because of this kind of operation. The statos restricts flow to the pump to increase the stall. When the stator freewheels it will try to make the converter more efficient. In this case I suspect the stator with a part number ending in 086 is being used and that stator has very hard pitched but very spaced out fins. it allows plenty of flow but the hard pitch makes it very inefficient. It is done to increase stall. When that particular stator freewheels at a high speed it will begin to restrict the flow in a way it shouldn't. GM discontinued use of that stator in 2004 and replaced it with the best stator they have ever built.
    I just wish they were easy to find. In a few years they should be.
    Alan

Let us know when you get that dude fixed it will do alot more than that I just picked up my Turbo kit last nite can't wait to get it on an get it tuned

put a cam in it and it might make power above 5thos

Quote Originally Posted by red srides View Post
    put a cam in it and it might make power above 5thos
    I would dare to say the reason Mike didn't take it past 5k was the other issues the car had. It was probably the MAF pegging causing everything to go lean, and the FPR wasn't keeping pressure correct on boost, right?
    Last person to wheelie INSIDE of Dayton Performance

Quote Originally Posted by fanged pony View Post
    I would dare to say the reason Mike didn't take it past 5k was the other issues the car had. It was probably the MAF pegging causing everything to go lean, and the FPR wasn't keeping pressure correct on boost, right?
    Yep your correct. I looked up that damn junk regulator and it's not boost referenced so that's the pressure issue. Mike and Tracy did a hell of a job considering all the issues they ran into. That car was a heap of problems.

what up *****sssss

wow man this whole thread sounds crazy sounds like way to much money spent and way to big of a head ache, ill stick to my cheap chevy and no head aches

Boost isn't cheap but when it's right it's fast!

Quote Originally Posted by blown96cobra View Post
    Boost isn't cheap but when it's right it's fast!
    Exactly...... I might use this as a quote for my Sig... Lol

boost when its right is fast, but with all the money spent to get it and then get it right a man could buy a old coupe put a sbc or bbc in it with a small shot of nos and go just as fast or faster and have way less money and less head aches. just saying but its all good and i hope you all have fun building and running your cars

Thread Information